Remember, remember the fifth of November,– Traditional Rhyme
The gunpowder, treason and plot,
I know of no reason
Why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot
Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, â€™twas his intent
To blow up the King and Parliament.
Three score barrels of powder below,
Poor old England to overthrow;
By Godâ€™s providence he was catchâ€™d
With a dark lantern and burning match.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, make the bells ring.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save the King!
Hip hip hoorah!
A penny loaf to feed the Pope.
A farthing oâ€™ cheese to choke him.
A pint of beer to rinse it down.
A faggot of sticks to burn him.
Burn him in a tub of tar.
Burn him like a blazing star.
Burn his body from his head.
Then weâ€™ll say olâ€™ Pope is dead.
Hip hip hoorah!
Hip hip hoorah hoorah!
Remember, remember... Monday November 5, 2007, 2 comments
sarah Monday November 5, 2007
Adrian Monday November 5, 2007
Commenting has ended for this post, but I'd still love to hear from you.
The website of Adrian Lebar
A Rain of Frogs is written, designed and built by Adrian Lebar, a twenty(!) year veteran of web design and development. He is currently managing web and mobile development teams at Canada’s largest and most beloved classifieds site, Kijiji!
He is a father, sailor, snowboarder, skier, cyclist, writer, artist, graphic designer, classically trained musician and afraid of heights.
Adrian is not currently available for freelance and contract work. Learn more.
“Don’t be cool. Cool is conservative fear dressed in black.”
- 'An Incomplete Manifesto for Growth', Bruce Mau Design
- Weeks of coding will save you hours of planning. Thursday February 6, 2020
- Hey @nationalpost your website is unreadable on mobile thanks to your slow loading, crufty page and your display ad… t.co/UQp4BTJ8jR Wednesday January 29, 2020
- Putting Devs Before Users: How Frameworks Destroyed Web Performance by @GamingReinvent t.co/ceDj0Aksl4 Thursday January 2, 2020
- There’s an important difference between an inexperienced developer and a bad developer. Tuesday December 3, 2019
- This is utterly unacceptable, GO Transit. Should we expect an apology for the inconvenience, coupled with a statem… t.co/lSux4a9mbM Thursday November 21, 2019
- Note that it wasn’t even possible to discuss this with someone at Union. Instead we were just given a card with the… t.co/b6BtE7uUUW Thursday November 21, 2019
- And why did she feel justified in chastising them? She ever ejected a guy off the train who stepped through the doo… t.co/rdWrnDA3AA Thursday November 21, 2019
- Why didn’t anyone announce the carriage was closed while the train was pulling in? Or even once the doors had opene… t.co/AWJz8RM0aD Thursday November 21, 2019