Remember, remember the fifth of November,– Traditional Rhyme
The gunpowder, treason and plot,
I know of no reason
Why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot
Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, â€™twas his intent
To blow up the King and Parliament.
Three score barrels of powder below,
Poor old England to overthrow;
By Godâ€™s providence he was catchâ€™d
With a dark lantern and burning match.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, make the bells ring.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save the King!
Hip hip hoorah!
A penny loaf to feed the Pope.
A farthing oâ€™ cheese to choke him.
A pint of beer to rinse it down.
A faggot of sticks to burn him.
Burn him in a tub of tar.
Burn him like a blazing star.
Burn his body from his head.
Then weâ€™ll say olâ€™ Pope is dead.
Hip hip hoorah!
Hip hip hoorah hoorah!
Remember, remember... Monday November 5, 2007, 2 comments
sarah Monday November 5, 2007
Adrian Monday November 5, 2007
Commenting has ended for this post, but I'd still love to hear from you.
The website of Adrian Lebar
A Rain of Frogs is written, designed and built by Adrian Lebar, a twenty(!) year veteran of web design and development. He is currently managing web and mobile development teams at Canada’s largest and most beloved classifieds site, Kijiji!
He is a father, sailor, snowboarder, skier, cyclist, writer, artist, graphic designer, classically trained musician and afraid of heights.
Adrian is not currently available for freelance and contract work. Learn more.
“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”
- Terry Pratchett
- @mrmatthogg You certainly want to work with him. Tuesday May 12, 2020
- @mrmatthogg Lately you sound like me 3 years ago, failing agains the profligate use of users bandwidth and computin… t.co/DGOM7XfVjZ Monday May 11, 2020
- Do you remember when you joined Twitter? I do! #MyTwitterAnniversary Well, I didn’t, but twitter reminded me. t.co/Rl9JY4gtwA Wednesday April 1, 2020
- Weeks of coding will save you hours of planning. Thursday February 6, 2020
- Hey @nationalpost your website is unreadable on mobile thanks to your slow loading, crufty page and your display ad… t.co/UQp4BTJ8jR Wednesday January 29, 2020
- Putting Devs Before Users: How Frameworks Destroyed Web Performance by @GamingReinvent t.co/ceDj0Aksl4 Thursday January 2, 2020
- There’s an important difference between an inexperienced developer and a bad developer. Tuesday December 3, 2019
- This is utterly unacceptable, GO Transit. Should we expect an apology for the inconvenience, coupled with a statem… t.co/lSux4a9mbM Thursday November 21, 2019