Remember, remember the fifth of November,– Traditional Rhyme
The gunpowder, treason and plot,
I know of no reason
Why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot
Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, â€™twas his intent
To blow up the King and Parliament.
Three score barrels of powder below,
Poor old England to overthrow;
By Godâ€™s providence he was catchâ€™d
With a dark lantern and burning match.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, make the bells ring.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save the King!
Hip hip hoorah!
A penny loaf to feed the Pope.
A farthing oâ€™ cheese to choke him.
A pint of beer to rinse it down.
A faggot of sticks to burn him.
Burn him in a tub of tar.
Burn him like a blazing star.
Burn his body from his head.
Then weâ€™ll say olâ€™ Pope is dead.
Hip hip hoorah!
Hip hip hoorah hoorah!
Remember, remember... Monday November 5, 2007, 2 comments
sarah Monday November 5, 2007
Adrian Monday November 5, 2007
Commenting has ended for this post, but I'd still love to hear from you.
The website of Adrian Lebar
A Rain of Frogs is written, designed and built by Adrian Lebar, a twenty(!) year veteran of web design and development. He is currently managing web and mobile development teams at Canada’s largest and most beloved classifieds site, Kijiji!
He is a father, sailor, snowboarder, skier, cyclist, writer, artist, graphic designer, classically trained musician and afraid of heights.
Adrian is not currently available for freelance and contract work. Learn more.
“It is typical of the West to see the surface of a problem, and then rush headlong to proselytize the masses via a marketing campaign based on a poorly conceived, barely researched solution.”
- Adrian Lebar
- t.co/yhv9nt8v69 Friday July 6, 2018
- So, on to new things! My last day at Kijiji was last Friday, but my first day at RBC Ventures is today. Starting so… t.co/zUoKjI6hVs Monday June 11, 2018
- Well, today's my last day at @Kijiji. I'm proud of everything I was able to achieve over the last three years, and… t.co/RhytXz5Vgi Friday June 1, 2018
- Hey #TTC. Good job telling us what’s going on with the streetcar problems at Queen and Broadview. The driver is lit… t.co/dU4ZVHwRbm Friday March 2, 2018
- “It’s a good thing you look young!” by @felsull t.co/BOy17rmcP5 Thursday February 1, 2018
- Half of the human population that has walked on the moon is dead. There are only 6 left. Monday January 8, 2018
- We now live in a world where human beings have to prove too machines that we are in fact human. #lifeimitatesart #irony Friday January 5, 2018
- Happy new year everyone! May the year bring you challenges, successes and joy. Monday January 1, 2018