I would like to thank everyone who helped me move my piano last night:
- Tim, for giving up half of your day to help your bass player move a rig that’s heavier than your drum kit.
- Jo-Dee and Brent, for missing a good chunk of the Leafs game to help carry a century old piano up the stairs.
- Shaun and Carrie for living so close and being so supportive of us. And also for sitting Charlie at the keyboard last night and starting him early!
- Auntie Donna and Richard, you two are just too nice. Thank you for the time, the love, the understanding and the caramels!
- My Dad, for being amazing – and amazingly strong!
- My son Jake, for holding doors, moving carpets, and asking a million questions.
- Sarah for the hundred million things you had to do to make room for us to maneuver the piano into its spot, for driving Tim and I to get the truck, driving with me to return the truck, for the moral support, and for the apple pie!
It is so nice to live in a house with a piano again. Even more so that it’s the piano of my childhood. Next step is to tune it! It’s been out of tune since I was a child, but it’s gone slightly more so over the intervening years.